Get Active Exeter
Are you in?
Can you help us to make Exeter the most active city in the SW?
What is Get Active Exeter?
Get Active Exeter is an ambitious vision to make Exeter the most active city in the South West by 2018. It aims to change the behaviour of working aged adults and their families to embed physical activity into daily routines. The programme develops new, and promotes existing activities in workplaces and communities that lead to a healthy lifestyle. The bottom line.... we will be:
- creating a public campaign that gets people more active
- develops 90 different Get Active Exeter projects across the city
- gets more than 2000 new people active on a regular basis
- engages 36 city employers to support staff to become more active in their daily routines
- establishes an ‘Exeter Healthy Schools’ network, promoting active lifestyles to pupils and parents
Ways to get involved
- Buy the Express and Echo every Thursday for weekly ideas and inspiration
- Find out what people are enjoying near you - @activeexeter
- Share ideas and get inspiration - Search 'Get Active Exeter' on Facebook
- Feel good about each little step you take - tell us about each #minivictory as you get active
- Boost your popularity - use #getactiveexeter for shares, likes and retweets
Want to get Active?
Join in - register for updates. Search 'Get Active Exeter' on Facebook
Want to help people get active?
Put your events, activities, stories, pictures and videos onto Twitter and Facebook. By doing so you will be promoting what you do around Exeter and enabling local people to try out something new - you never know, it might just be the 'thing' that inspires them to get active!
For anybody who delivers activity in or around Exeter, we've developed a simple tool kit to help you get and stay involved. Please visit our Get Active Exeter Partner page
Want to see the coverage so far?
Week One in the Express and Echo - Get Active Exeter feature pages
Golden Opportunity to get Exeter businesses active
Get Active Exeter and Peak Performance Gym are putting on a 6 week fundraising challenge for Exeter businesses. It's completely free, will be raising money for Children in Need and is a highly personalised way to lose weight and get more active right on your doorstep.
Find out more HERE
Sign up your business HERE