Every year, one-in-four of us will experience a mental health problem
Being physically active and socially engaged powerfully and positively affect our mental wellbeing, so we believe that everyone involved in sport and physical activity can, working together and with others, create opportunities that make a big difference to the mental wellbeing of people in Devon.
Active Devon is already involved in many projects that help people experiencing or vulnerable to mental health issues get active. We all want to make the biggest impact we can through this work, especially for those with the most to gain, and are committed to supporting everyone involved in sport and physical activity tackle any stigma around mental health.
What Active Devon are doing
- Use sport and physical activity to promote good mental health and wellbeing
- Adopt good mental health policies and best practices
- Appoint ambassadors and role models
- Tackle discrimination on the grounds of mental health
- Support a pan-sport platform to develop and share resources and best practice
- Regularly monitor our performance on the above
“You are doing fantastic work in the area if mental health, bringing physical activity as a possibility to the thousands of residents in the SW who live daily with mental health conditions. It is all consuming when you are in the dark places, I am convinced that by encouraging more physical activity another valuable managing mechanism which in the past has been overlooked by MH professionals is developed”