Double funding of PE & Sport Premium for Primary Schools in Devon!
Active Devon is delighted to confirm that following an announcement by the Government in July, primary schools in Devon will receive a straight doubling of their current PE & Sport Premium funding grant. This means that schools will be able to continue to deliver, further improve and develop their high quality PE, Physical Activity and School Sport provision.
The Key changes from September 2017 are:
- Schools with 16 or fewer eligible pupils receive £1000 per pupil; and
- Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil
Sport England and other national partners are working with the Government to support the Primary PE and Sport Premium fund and have collectively developed the following vision for PE and School Sport:
‘All pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport
Exciting news for schools!
Active Devon have been delivering a series of support clinics across Devon for for Headteachers and PE leads, outlining the new 2017/18 guidance for Primary PE & Sport Premium investment and detailing reporting procedures. There has been an enormous response and thank you to everyone who attended
Our work in action
Devon has award winning ways to get inactive girls into exercise!
Active Devon is committed to help more women and girls be active, especially in schools! We fully support primary schools that wish to invest their Primary PE & Sport Premium funding through developing physical activity, health & wellbeing initiatives that specifically engage girls.
Our newly launched Satellite Clubs programme for 14-19 year olds is focussed at helping more young women get active in 2017-19. Check out some great work that South Dartmoor Academy has delivered and contact us to help develop this in your school!
Expression of Interest
Active Devon will support primary PE & school sport commissioning that aims to:
- Improve the quality and impact of PE & school sport provision
- Achieve improvements that are clearly sustainable beyond the investment
- Further equality in participation
- Represent good value for money
If your school receives Primary PE and School Sport Premium funding you must publish on your school website:
- how much funding you have received
- a full breakdown of how you’ve spent the funding or will spend the funding
- the effect of the premium on pupils’ PE and sport participation and attainment
- how you’ll make sure these improvements are sustainable
Active Devon is committed to supporting the investment by:
- Working with and developing appropriate local partner networks
- Providing a platform of national, regional and local information, advice and guidance
- Developing, maintaining and sharing local insight and best practice
- Promoting local opportunities
Click here for details of courses specifically designed for schools