Saints South West – Primary School PE Coordinator
Published: 12th April 2018
Title: Primary School PE Coordinator
Number of positions: 3
Location: Devon (location dependant on position)
Basis: Full Time
Pay: Competitive. Based on experience and qualifications.
Closing Date: Wednesday 2nd May 2018
Start Date: Between May-September 2018
Interview Date: Organised upon receipt of successful application
The successful candidate will be part of a professional team of Saints Southwest coaches, coaching children using the Saints methodology, coordinating and delivering an all encompassing Primary PE/School Sport provision, while helping quality assure and drive the desired improvements and the impact School Sport has across the assigned schools.
● Support and up skill teaching workforce within Primary Schools, developing their confidence and competence to lead delivery of Physical Education lessons.
● Hold regular group and individual meetings with staff across the schools. Providing regular communication and resources surrounding planning, delivery and assessment for learning.
Physical Education delivery
● Physical Education planning, delivery and assessment support to be provided alongside class teachers. Following a curriculum map to ensure all required units/skills are taught across the Academic Year, aligned with the National Curriculum programme of study. Resulting in specialist/high quality provision provided across all key stages within each school.
Extra curricular activity
● Promotion of extra-curricular activities to increase participation on offer within and out of school (develop local club links).
● Delivery of extra-curricular clubs (e.g. After School Clubs), including Sports/Playleaders training to develop leaders within school.
● Celebrating success of students for the continued participation, improvements made to healthy lifestyle and success in sport.
● Coordinate and record whole school sport/PE improvement and impact.
● Organising and running inter/intra school competitions.
The successful candidate will also have the chance to progress and expand their role within the Saints Southwest setup, while receiving regular CPD, mentoring and guidance from our team.
Key Skills/Characteristics and Competencies
● Computer/ICT (Email, Documents, Spreadsheets, Powerpoint and Forms)
● Spelling, punctuation and grammar
● Organised/good at working to deadlines
● Works well in a team
● Professional, reflective and proactive
● Attention to detail
● Self motivated and enthusiastic
● Approachable, supportive, friendly, positive, listen and helpful
● Open minded
● Experience working with Primary aged (5-11 years) children (essential)
● Knowledge of the National Curriculum for Physical Education (essential)
● Understanding of different learning styles (essential)
● Full driving licence (essential)
● Excellent communicator (essential)
● Excellent behaviour management strategies (essential)
● Experience running events (desired)
● Qualified Teacher Status/Degree related to Physical Education (desired)
● FA Level 2 or other NGB Level 2 qualification (desired)
● Mentoring experience (desired)
If you are successful you can look forward to
● Competitive wage
● Kit and equipment
● Staff reward scheme
● Exclusive staff discounts across leisure, retail and fitness industry
● Learning and development from CPD sessions covering a variety of topics
● Experience of working within an innovative company
● Access to tickets to watch Southampton FC
To apply for this vacant position please send CV to email@example.com.