• Develop the right opportunities for people to start and stay being active.
• Support existing partners and providers to promote and grow the variety of opportunities available for local people.
• Create Devon wide campaigns to inform and inspire individuals to be active.
• Deliver initiatives in a way that is appropriate to each local area.
• Generate more resources by making the best use of current investment and securing more.
An 'active lifestyle' means a mix of different things for different individuals. It could include:
- walking or other moderate intensity exercise as a first step to help you get healthy
- building activity into different parts of your everyday life like choosing active means of travel or being active at work
- informal recreational activities like jogging, going to the gym or getting outdoors with your family,
- taking part in organised sport
We have got a big ambition…. To help at least 125,000 people in Devon…
to GET more active or STAY active.
Two thirds of the people we help will be amongst Devon’s 350,000 least active people. You can find out more by taking a look at our strategy
... about the benefits of active lifestyles, about our mission and about our values
... trusted and relied upon to always act with integrity
... going the extra mile to ensure that everyone has the chance to get involved
... to people's needs and to our diverse local communities
... working together to achieve more
... driven to achieve quality outcomes & impact