A New Strategy for Movement and Why We Want to Hear from You
Uniting the Movement in Devon
After a year full of challenge and tragedy, we are looking forward better times ahead. Active Devon is determined to make sure that movement and active lifestyles continue to make a positive contribution to people’s lives in our communities.
That is why we are positive about ‘Uniting the Movement’, Sport England’s new 10 year strategy, which was launched in January. We think it serves as a rallying call for all those of us who are passionate about the benefits of moving more. The strong focus on promoting equality through local solutions and building stronger relationships is also closely aligned to our values.
Sport England has prioritised its focus on five big issues:
- Recover and Reinvent: Recovering from the biggest crisis in a generation and reinventing as a vibrant, relevant and sustainable network providing opportunities that meet the needs of different people.
- Connecting Communities: Focusing on sport and physical activity’s ability to make better places to live and bring people together.
- Positive Experiences for Children and Young People: Unrelenting focus on positive experiences for all children and young people as the foundations for a long and healthy life.
- Connecting with Health and Wellbeing: Strengthening the connections between sport, physical activity, health and wellbeing, so more people can feel the benefits of, and advocate for, an active life.
- Active Environments: Creating and protecting the places and spaces that make it easier for people to be active.
If you have not yet had a chance to check it out then take a look at Uniting the Movement by Sport England.
Since we embarked on our current strategy in 2017, we have continued to strive towards the vision of everyone in Devon being active for life and we have been working towards much of what is valued in this new national strategy. We have achieved a lot in that time, thanks largely to positive working relationships and the partnerships we enjoy locally.
Now it is time for us reimagine what the strategy for Active Devon should be and how we move forward together into the future. To that end, we are now starting of the process of developing our strategy for 2022 and beyond. We know we are a part of a much bigger team in that endeavour, and so we want to connect with organisations, communities, and individuals throughout Devon. We want to hear your views.
We are keen to hear why you value movement, how you think it brings most value, what the biggest challenges are and what you think our strengths are. We are hugely positive about ‘Uniting the Movement’ and we are equally proud of our wonderful county. So we want to know what resonates here and also if you think there are priorities locally which might be different.
It’s easy to have your say. You can comment through our online feedback form or attend one of two interactive webinars coming in April 2021. This will not be the last chance to have your say. We will use the information we collect to develop key themes and we will continue the conversation to test and refine those themes in the months ahead
We really look forward to hearing what you’ve got to say.