Date – Thursday 20th October 2022
Time – 10am – 2pm
Venue – Killerton National Trust EX5 3LE
Parking – Available on site and will be free
Booking – Link below will close at 6pm on Thursday 13th October
Refreshments and buffet lunch will be provided
Who is the workshop for?
- Teachers and school staff who deliver / support SEND pupils in PE within mainstream primary and secondary schools.
- Students in initial teacher training.
The morning session will be classroom based:
- Time will be allocated to consider and reflect on the following –
- Your current school’s PE offer and delivery in the context of the learner’s journey.
- How and why some young people are disengaged from PE or not making expected progress; what are the barriers and issues?
- What needs do learners have in PE to achieve their personal best or reach their potential.
- Identify what changes can be made in your setting and how they can be achieved.
The afternoon session will be practical:
- Looking at some of the adaptions that can be made and alternative activities.
The booking form link will close at 6pm on Thursday 13th October 2022.
Who will be delivering the workshop?
Name – Catherine Kilburn (Killer)
Title at school – Head of PE and School Sport
Experience – Many years of experience in a wide variety of schools and other education settings. Believe more than anything in all pupils accessing and enjoying a truly positive, fun and rewarding PE and School Sport experience so that they can achieve their potential and enable them to lead a healthy active life.