Would you like to be involved in FREE and FUN training to support the health and wellbeing of children aged 2-5 in your setting?
Healthy Movers helps children get a better start in life by developing their physical literacy, communication skills, wellbeing, and school readiness.
Suitable for all registered early years, school, and family hub settings and anyone who regularly works with children in Plymouth. No experience as a movement practitioner is required.
With FREE resources and training, attendees can also help families to continue the fun activities at home.
The Healthy Movers programme includes:
- One-day practical course designed to help practitioners deliver fun and meaningful physical activity.
- Practitioner handbook, handy hints and tips to maximise delivery.
- 16 activity resource cards and reward stickers.
- EYFS wall hanger for your setting.
- Music CD to accompany activities.
- Every participating setting will receive an extra ‘Power Hour’ training session conducted by the Healthy Movers tutor for all staff in your setting.
Date: Thursday 25th April 2024
Time: 9:30am to 3:30pm
Venue: Keyham Green Places, 163 Renown Street, Plymouth PL2 2DT
To book your place: CLICK HERE
The Healthy Movers Toolkit complements the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework & includes printed bag, handbook, 16 activity cards, 1 poster, 1 certificate, 30 sticker sheets and 1 USB to accompany activities.
A giant wallchart using the Early Years Physical Literacy Framework to map children’s competencies against their age & stage development
Healthy Movers…the journey so far
Healthy Movers has been developed by national children’s charity Youth Sport Trust. A huge number of benefits were reported, including these in the following areas…
- Improved physical activity levels
- Improved communication and language
- Improved literacy and mathematics
- Improved relationships
- Enhanced school readiness
For Practitioners and settings:
- Improved confidence and competence
- Improved delivery of physical activity
- Increased physical activity as a family
- More ideas to help children be active
- Better understanding of the benefits of being active
“Using Healthy Movers has helped the children to be more engaged when doing a focused activity and their communication skills are being developed through dance and physical activities” Karen Ramsey, Playgroup Manager at Footsteps Pre-school
For more information about Healthy Movers, please visit the Youth Sport Trust website.
If you would like to talk more about this opportunity, please contact Hayley Knight at Active Devon at email@example.com or on 07934108615.
Healthy Movers training in Plymouth flyer