We are excited to announce that our Live Longer Better Devon online conference will be taking place on Wednesday 28th September 9.30am – 12.30pm.
This half day free online event will be focusing on the importance of movement for healthy ageing and working together to reduce health and movement inequalities in later life.
The Purpose of the Conference
Devon has a significant population of older people, and it is ageing further. The COVID-19 pandemic and the cost-of-living crisis have and still are exacerbating health inequalities and increasing pressure on health and social care systems.
We know that physical, cognitive and emotional activity can help reduce this problem and increase people’s health span.
We need to unite and commit to improving systems, prescribing activity and changing our attitudes to ageing.
This event aims to bring together key partners, stakeholders, audience representatives and high-profile speakers to inspire, inform, explore and discuss opportunities and challenges for supporting Devon’s ageing population to move more.
What to Expect – click here for the morning schedule.
This free conference will provide an opportunity to:
- Hear keynote speaker Sir Muir Gray, a leading expert on ageing, talk about his inspiring call to action with The Live Longer Better Revolution.
- Listen to Dr Lincoln Sargeant, Director of Public Health for Torbay who will share a public health perspective on movement for healthy ageing, the challenges and opportunities.
- Learn more about the key aims of Active Devon’s new Later Life strategy.
- Join in with interactive themed discussions on frailty and falls, strength and balance, green social prescribing, tackling inequalities and Together Funding.
- A Q&A session with a panel of experts, leaders, professionals and advocates.
- Connect, share, inform and explore conversations with other delegates.
This Conference May Be of Particular Interest to:
- Organisations and individuals working with older populations in Devon and interested in improving outcomes for older people, including but not limited to – Charities, CICs and community organisations, Health and Social Care professionals, managers and commissioners, Public Health leads, physical activity and leisure providers, frailty leads, social prescribers, volunteers, befrienders, ambassadors.
Once registered, the Zoom event link will be emailed to you closer to the conference date. PLEASE NOTE – you may not receive an automatic response when you register. This will be sent to you closer to the event.
Speakers and content may be subject to change.
If you would like to discuss the conference with us, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can view conference T&Cs HERE.