Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) provides knowledge and skills at a level for any adult member of the public who wishes to give initial first aid.
Suitable for people who work or volunteer with children and young people. Open to all the community (16 years old and above).
Train as a Mental Health First Aider (MHFAider®) and gain the benefit of joining England’s largest community of trained MHFAiders®, receive three years of ongoing learning support and benefits.
Covering the main diagnosis- Anxiety, Suicide, Depression and Psychosis. Includes a mix of media, group work and skill learning. This course is ideal for those who would like to become a MHFAider® to:
- Encourage self-care, giving you the tools to look after your own and others’ mental health
- Gain the knowledge and skills to spot signs of people experiencing poor mental health
- Be confident starting a conversation and signpost a person to appropriate support
- Promotes early intervention and faster recovery, which can prevent an individual’s mental health deteriorating
- Awareness of how mental health impacts the workplace; skills to empower people to thrive in the workplace
This training will be delivered in person by trainer Jacqui Bamford.
More Information and Bookings
The training will be delivered over four morning sessions, 9:00am -1:00pm. By signing up you are able to attend ALL four sessions for your selected course.
Please register your interest and you will be contacted with a booking form and the necessary joining instructions.
Remaining Training Date and Times
- Tuesday 14th November 2023
- Wednesday 15th November 2023
- Tuesday 21st November 2023
- Wednesday 22nd November 2023
On all the above dates, the training times are: 9am – 1pm
Please register your interest by clicking on this link: Register Your Interest