The Plymouth School Sports Partnership would like to invite any teachers to take part in this FREE PE Primary Teacher CPD Event.
Date: Thursday 8th February 2024
Location: Plymouth Life Centre from 9am-4pm
What is the course?
The day will consist of two workshops focusing on ‘Holistic Development’ and ‘Learning Through Games’.
The learning programme has been designed to support the professional development of teachers and trainee teachers who deliver Physical Education in primary schools. It is delivered by expert PE Officers and develops confidence and competence to plan and teach high-quality Physical Education lessons.
Who is the course for?
This course is only suitable for qualified primary school teachers or individuals currently working towards qualified teacher status.
Expectations and goals
The day will provide practical examples which will enable learners to develop their knowledge, understanding and application of:
- Physical Education being more than just physical and technical development of pupils
- Learning domains and The FA 4 Corner Model
- Using a ‘Learning Through Games’ approach to create a fun and engaging PE environment
- Using games with a clear purpose linked to the aims of your curriculum
- Using games to promote learning across all 4 corners
- How games can be used in a variety of combinations to form your lesson structure
How to book
Please use the following link to book your place: Sign In (thefa.com)
You can also access this link below under ‘Website’.
This will allow you to register for a FAN number and then book. If you already have a FAN number, you will be able to sign in and then book.
- Colleagues need to follow the 2-step process for registration to be fully completed.
- In addition, they should use the following link https://www.get-information-schools.service.gov.uk/learner to gain URN for their school as this will be needed as part of the certification process.
12:00 on Thursday, 1st February 2024