Delivered by Active Devon and Devon Mind
Are you a coach, instructor or activity provider?
Are you part of an adults mental health service in the community or part of the health system?
Are you one of the above and have also experienced mental health challenges and want to share your experience?
Please join us to talk about adults mental health and physical activity in Torbay. Share your views and discuss opportunities with others in this online workshop.
Join Active Devon and Devon Mind in this online listening workshop
This session will be all about hearing your voice and talking about the opportunities for adults facing mental health challenges to be active, move more and improve their mental health.
We have the opportunity to support the development of the mental health referral pathway to physical activity opportunities, alongside some funding to develop new activity sessions. We want to hear from you to shape these opportunities
In this session, we will talk about:
- What do we mean when we talk about mental health?
- The benefits of movement and physical activity to support adults mental health
- How do you feel about the adults mental health services in Torbay?
- What can be done or make it easier for adults experiencing mental health challenges to be active?
We will be running the same workshop twice, so choose a day and time that works for you.
|Tuesday 29th November||1.30pm-3pm (1.5 hours) (Booking will close at 12pm 28th November, but if you would like to book after that time contact firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|Monday 5th December||2pm-3.30pm (1.5 hours)|
As part of this process, we will be looking for learning and feedback in order to:
- Offer free training opportunities around the benefits of physical activity for mental health services
- Offer free training for physical activity providers about mental health and how to create a supportive environment
- Strengthen and create more referral pathways between services and activity opportunities with the help of funding to activate new activity sessions where needed