Essential mental health training now free for the nation’s coaches
- No cost opportunity for 3 million coaches to upskill their mental health literacy during COVID-19
- Announcement comes at the start of Mental Health Awareness Week
We’re delighted to inform you that through UK Coaching, you can access the online course ‘Mental Health Awareness for Sport & Physical Activity’ – usually £18 – for free!
As part of Mental Health Awareness Week, UK Coaching, their awarding body 1st4sport and course partners – Mind and Sport England – have released it to the wider coaching community.
All you need to do is head to ukcoaching.org where you will be able to purchase the course for free.
The mental health of the population is being challenged during this isolating time.
Equipping you with the knowledge, skills and confidence to better understand and support people living with mental health problems, as well as with ways to support your own mental health, is crucial both now and going forward.
UK Coaching has announced today (18 May) – in collaboration with its awarding organisation 1st4sport, and partners Mind, the mental health charity, and Sport England – that the nation’s coaches can access the Mental Health for Sport and Physical Activity online course for free.
The news comes at the start of Mental Health Awareness Week, which is hosted by the Mental Health Foundation and runs from the 18-24 May.
Usually £18, the course is accessible via the organisation’s learning and development platform, ukcoaching.org, and will remain free of charge until the 31 August 2020.
Coaches across the UK will be able to increase their knowledge of mental health, and confidence when applying the learning into their coaching practice.
Specifically, learners will be able to:
- welcome and support people living with mental health problems in their sport and physical activity sessions
- increase their knowledge of mental health problems
- apply the learning in their coaching practice
- make their club or organisation more inclusive.