Understanding Young People From Low Socio-Economic Groups workshop is now open for booking it is funded by Active Devon and delivered by StreetGames targeting those involved in bringing the community sport sector closer together to the community safety sector across Devon.
This workshop will bring to life research to help learners to gain a better understanding of some of the issues that influence young people’s lives, and how this can have an impact on their sports participation levels. This interactive workshop will draw upon experiences in the room, challenging learners to think about the young people they work with, and the wider issues that they face on a day to day basis.
By the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- Understand the key influences and what’s important to young people in their lives
- Understand the importance of friendship groups and key influencers on young people when they are making lifestyle decisions
- Understand the importance of creating a personal identity and the impact on young people’s lives
- Understand typical participation pathways and explore young people’s journey through sport
- Identify top tips to create the right sporting offer for young people.
To book a place on Understanding Young People from Low Socio-Economic Groups click here