Youth Mental Health First Aid Awareness workshop is now open for booking funded by Active Devon and delivered by StreetGames targeting those involved in bringing the community sport sector closer together to the community safety sector across Devon.
This introductory three-hour session raises awareness of young people’s mental health.
- Some of the common mental health issues affecting young people, including depression, anxiety, eating disorders and psychosis.
- Skills to work more effectively with young people living with mental health issues.
- Ways to support young people with a mental health issue and relate to their experiences.
- Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities.
The session covers:
- Language and mental health issues
- What is mental health?
- Mental health conditions
- Anxiety disorders
- Eating disorders
- Personality disorders
- Alcohol, illegal drugs and mental health
- Supporting young people in distress
- Mental and emotional wellbeing
You will get a manual to keep and refer to whenever you need it. When you complete the session, you will get a certificate to say you are Youth Mental Health Aware.
To book a place on Youth Mental Health First Aid Awareness click here