Safeguarding and Protecting Children
Date(s) - 28/05/2019
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Every child deserves to enjoy their sport. This workshop will raise your awareness of the telltale signs of abuse, and give you the tools and confidence you need to deal with any issues sensitively, appropriately and effectively should the need ever arise in your coaching career. Updated to include content on Anti-radicalisation and Adults at Risk.
• Vulnerable Children and Adults
Some children might be at greater risk of abuse than others (eg disabled children, children in care or talented young people in sport), while some adults are vulnerable and may be at a greater risk of abuse. We have worked with the CPSU to develop some new scenarios that take into account additional vulnerabilities these groups may encounter and how we can ensure their voice is always heard in sport.
We have worked with the Police Prevent team to help develop new guidance and scenarios that will help coaches understand the warning signs that a young person may be being radicalised. We have also included information on how anyone with concerns can contact the NSPCC anti-radicalisation hotline.
You Will Be Able To:
- Identify and recognise good coaching practice and the implications for your coaching
- Explore your values and feelings in relation to child abuse, and recognise their potential impact on your response
- Recognise and respond to possible signs of child abuse
- Take appropriate action if concerns about a child arise
Attendance registration period is closed for this event.