Safeguarding for trustees and management committee members training (voluntary sector)
Date(s) - 12/06/2019
1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
The 100 Club
When – Wednesday 12 June 2019
Time – 1 pm – 4.30 pm
Where – The 100 Club, Wear Barton Road, Countess Wear, Exeter, EX2 7EH
Booking fee: £10 for VOYC Members (£15 for non-members).
This course will enable Trustees of registered charities and members of management committees of unincorporated groups, mutual’s and co-operatives to better understand their safeguarding responsibilities if their groups are working with children and young people.
The outcomes from the session will be that you:
- will be able to demonstrate an increased awareness of the legal framework for safeguarding and child protection;
- better understand Trustees / Management Committee members responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children;
- would be better able to scrutinise any decisions made by your organisation when a concern about a child or young person has been identified;
- learn about the Devon Children and Families Partnership (formerly Devon Safeguarding Children Board) safeguarding standards for the Voluntary and Community Sector in Devon;
- better understand the issues around recording and sharing information.
What candidates said about previous courses!
“I found the afternoon very informative and directly relevant to our charity”.
“Session was interesting and participative”.
“Hugely valuable – thanks a million!”
“Friendly, professional staff. Good mixture of talk and activity”.
“Thank you for organizing – very useful opportunity.”
“Course was very clear and interactive.”
“An excellent afternoon’s training”