Movement with Communities – Our Work in East Devon
We are committed to working with partners, to achieve positive impact for people’s lives, in local places where multiple inequalities exist. We can do this by connecting, advocating and enabling people to move more.
Working Together to Achieve Systemic Change
By working together, we can overcome more challenges and find new ways to help people in the community be active.
Our Partnerships team are our community-based leads in designated localities across the county. They work together with local and national partners, organisations, groups, volunteers and activity providers. The community-based lead for East Devon is Dai Carpenter. You can contact Dai by emailing:
You can also read their bios on our Meet the Team page.
Our Work in East Devon
- We align our priority placed-based work to those areas highlighted within the East Devon Public Health Strategic Plan. We work closely with Voluntary Community Sector partners who serve priority audiences to support them to deliver physical activity opportunities.
- In Littleham we are working collaboratively via an asset-based model lead by community residents, with local agencies working together to respond to the needs of the local community.
- In Cranbrook our work supports Live and Move.
Who We’re Working with to Achieve Impact in East Devon
- LED Community Leisure
- East Devon District Council
- Live and Move (Cranbrook)
- Interwoven Productions CIC (Littleham Estate)
- Eastern Local Care Partnership
- Local VCSE networks and partners including Seachange and The Waffle House
- Local health and wellbeing boards and networks
- Local social prescribing teams
Opportunities to Connect
- Email email@example.com to contact the Live and Move team, to learn more about their support for community-based physical activity groups and activities in Cranbrook. Or visit the Live and Move website to find out more.
Physical Activity Providers Hub
Our Physical Activity Provider Hub contains a range of resources from us and our trusted partners. This support is aimed to help you to build a resilient offer, reach new audiences and meet local community needs, both now and into the future.
Promoting and Delivering Your Activities
Devon Connect is a free online community hub for residents and communities across Devon (currently not including Plymouth). As a local group or organisation, you can make connections and share knowledge, information and resources.
More information on Devon Connect can be found in our Resources to Help You Achieve Best Practice blog.
“East Devon has the highest participation of children in sport and physical activity in Devon, with 95.6% of children participating in the last week.” Source: Active Lives Children and Young People Survey Academic Year 2021-22 Report