Movement with Communities – Our Work in Teignbridge
We are committed to working with partners, to achieve positive impact for people’s lives, in local places where multiple inequalities exist. We can do this by connecting, advocating and enabling people to move more.
Working Together to Achieve Systemic Change
By working together, we can overcome more challenges and find new ways to help people in the community be active.
Our Partnerships team are our community-based leads in designated localities across the county. They work together with local and national partners, organisations, groups, volunteers and activity providers. The community-based lead for Teignbridge is Emily van Vliet. You can contact Emily by emailing:
You can also read Emily’s bio on our Meet the Team page.
Our Work in Teignbridge
- We are working with Be Buckfastleigh and other rural agencies such as Devon Communities Together to help people living in more rural areas access physical activity offers. An example of this in action has been our work to join up the efforts between community run outdoor swimming pools, of which Teignbridge has seven, to try and ensure their survival as a result of the pandemic and rising energy costs.
Who We’re Working with to Achieve Impact in Teignbridge
- Teignbridge District Council
- Be Buckfastleigh
- Devon Communities Together
- Kingsteignton Community Pool
- Ashburton Community Pool
- Bovey Tracey Community Pool
- Morten Hampsted Community Pool
- Buckfastleigh Community Pool
Physical Activity Providers Hub
Our Physical Activity Provider Hub contains a range of resources from us and our trusted partners. This support is aimed to help you to build a resilient offer, reach new audiences and meet local community needs, both now and into the future.
Promoting and Delivering Your Activities
Devon Connect is a free online community hub for residents and communities across Devon (currently not including Plymouth). As a local group or organisation, you can make connections and share knowledge, information and resources.
More information on Devon Connect can be found in our Resources to Help You Achieve Best Practice blog.
“Only 16.2% of females in Teignbridge are inactive, the lowest level in Devon.” Source: Active Lives Adult Survey 2021-22 Report