Safeguarding Training for Funded and Non-Funded Partners
Everyone can benefit from safeguarding training or taking an introductory safeguarding course. At Active Devon, we actively encourage and wholeheartedly recommend that all partners (both funded and not funded) regularly complete and keep up to date with safeguarding training, and to help with this we have provided some useful links below.
Many of our partners offer safeguarding training that could support you and your organisation to learn, embed best practice and help keep people safe and well.
Safeguarding Children and Young People
- The NSPCC safeguarding training courses include online and face-to-face training courses for anyone working or volunteering with children and young people.
- VOYC Devon training and events includes a range of child protection and safeguarding training.
- UK Coaching courses develop your skills to help you deliver excellent and inspiring coaching sessions to people from all walks of life.
- Ann Craft Trust safeguarding adults’ courses are bespoke, pioneering and research based.
Disability and Inclusion in Sport
- The Activity Alliance’s training workshops and recommended courses empower you with the practical tools and give you access to many resources.
Other Safeguarding Information
If you would like to discuss any of the above, please contact our Lead Safeguarding Officer Aaron Harverson. You can find his contact details on our Meet the Team page, or below:
Aaron’s contact details are:
Mobile: 07511 701577
Exeter Office: 01392 925150
We also provide advice to help you safeguard in Sport, PE and active lifestyles. This includes information on how to raise a safeguarding concern.